Welcome to Speed Dueling, the perfect introduction to the Yu‑Gi‑Oh! TRADING CARD GAME!
Speed Dueling is easy to learn, and is based on the ruleset found in the Yu‑Gi‑Oh! Duel Links video game.
Whether this is your first time playing a physical card game, or you’re looking to take your Duel Links knowledge to the real world, Speed Dueling is your gateway to the world of Yu‑Gi‑Oh!
What is Speed Dueling?
- Speed Dueling is a specialised version of the Yu‑Gi‑Oh! TRADING CARD GAME.
- Speed Dueling features 4 basic card types: Monster Cards, Spell Cards, Trap Cards and Skill Cards.
- The goal is to Summon powerful monsters, power them up with Spell or Trap Cards, and battle your opponent.
- Skill Cards let you become your favourite Yu‑Gi‑Oh! character, and give you special abilities to use in your Duels!
- Both players start with 4,000 Life Points. Reduce your opponent’s Life Points to 0 to win the Duel!
How to Play
- You will find a Dueling Guide in our Speed Duel products
- This will teach you the basics of how to play.
- You can also view the guide here.
Learn with Yu‑Gi‑Oh! Duel Links
- Speed Duel and Yu‑Gi‑Oh! Duel Links share a similar ruleset. By playing one game you learn how to play the other at the same time.
- Yu‑Gi‑Oh! Duel Links is available on Steam and your mobile device. Visit the Duel Links website to learn more.
- Yu‑Gi‑Oh! Duel Links features an interactive tutorial called Duel School. Use Duel School to learn new tactics for Speed Dueling!
Speed Dueling Products
- Speed Duel products can be used in all versions of the Yu‑Gi‑Oh! TRADING CARD GAME.
- Speed Duel cards feature a special symbol. Only cards with this symbol can be used in Speed Duels.
- Skill Cards are special cards designed for Speed Dueling, and can only be used in Speed Duels.
Speed Dueling Events
- Duel with your friends at our Official Tournament Stores!
- Official Tournament Stores regularly host Yu‑Gi‑Oh! TRADING CARD GAME events where you can win prizes!
- Find Official Tournament Stores here and check with your local store if they offer Speed Dueling tournaments.
- “Master Dueling” is the standard version of the Yu‑Gi‑Oh! TRADING CARD GAME.
- Master Dueling features bigger Decks and a larger Dueling Field, with special Card Zones for additional monster types.
- Master Dueling introduces more advanced types of monster, like Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum and Link Monsters.
- Master Dueling allows players to use cards from over 15 years of Yu‑Gi‑Oh! history, allowing for more powerful card interactions and strategies.
- You can use your Speed Duel cards in Master Duels!
- To learn more about Master Dueling, check out this Beginner’s Guide which you’ll find in every Starter Deck.