Calling all Dragon Duelists!
Head out to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series (YCS) Anaheim at the Anaheim Convention Center on November 22nd and 23rd, and enter the Dragon Duel Tournament for a chance at the ultimate prize package: the Dragon Duel Champion’s trophy, a paid trip to Japan to attend the 2014 Jump Festa event in December, and the coveted title of YCS Dragon Duel Champion!
For this event only, the Dragon Duels will be Sealed Play using Battle Pack 3: Monster League and entry will be FREE to all qualified Dragon Duelists!
What’s a Dragon Duel?
Dragon Duels are special tournaments for kids born after the year 2002 during the 2014/2015 tournament season. At a Dragon Duel tournament, kids compete against other children their own age. Duelists participating in Dragon Duel events have a chance to win a medal, game mats and t-shirts, along with invitations to participate in their country’s Dragon Duel World Championship Qualifier.
Where is the Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Anaheim?
Anaheim Convention Center
800 West Katella Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92802 Hall E
For the event FAQs and tournament information, please visit this page:
What to Do?
- Head out to the Anaheim Convention Center on November 22nd from 12:30 PM to 1:50 PM to register for the event. There is a second Dragon Duel Tournament on November 23rd with registration from 11:30 AM to 12:50 PM for the event starting at 1:00PM.
- Children must be born in 2002 or later.
- Have proof of age in order to participate in a Dragon Duel (copy of birth certificate, passport, etc.)
- This is event is free to enter!
- The tournament format will be Sealed Play using Battle Pack 3: Monster League, so there’s no need to bring your own Deck of cards to play with, we’ll provide the card packs!
- There will be a Dragon Duel tournament and winner each day. To determine the weekend's overall winner and Dragon Duel Champion and win the ultimate prize package, the winner of the Saturday Dragon Duel will face off with the winner of the Sunday Dragon Duel in a head-to-head playoff Match.
What is Sealed Pack Play?
- Sealed pack play is taking booster packs and making brand new Decks from the cards you get.
- For YCS Anaheim, each Dragon Duelist will be given 9 sealed Battle Packs (5 cards per pack).
- Dragon Duelists will have 20 minutes to look over their cards and build their 40-card main Deck.
- Once Decks are built, they will play against their first round opponent in a best 2-out of-3 Match. After the Matches are over, the cards you received are yours to keep and use to further build and enhance your personal Deck with.
If you want to know how you can get your child ready to participate in the Dragon Duel Tournament, check this page!
It's critical to familiarize yourself with all the cards in Battle Pack 3 to prepare for Sealed Play. For a complete list of the cards in Battle Pack 3: Monster League, please visit:
For more information about Battle Pack 3: Monster League, please visit the product page and strategy sites:
If you want your child to learn more about the rules and basic gameplay, along with a Learn To Play Demo, the Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulebook and Demo video can be found on this web site: